Saturday, July 19, 2014

And, it's going to happen

The underwriter approved the last "proofs." There is a "soft" credit pull three days before closing, but the finance guy expects no difficulties. So, yes, a homeowner in Oakdale I shall be. Closing is July 31 at 8 a.m. and the movers come at 2. 

Every once in a while I smile and say to the dog "We are moving to our own house in Oakdale," and he wags his tail happily. Okay, I know he's probably just responding to my tone of voice and hoping it leads to food. But I like to tell him things.

The packing...is not going well. Must make strides this weekend, whatever the knees say. I suspect it will be a lot easier to keep motivated, now that I know what lies at the end of all the effort.

I don't think it's really registered yet. 

4 comments:

Boud said...

You so deserve this! my only regret is that I'm too far away to pitch in with the packing and sorting.

Sayre said...

Don't overdo if you can help it. A little at a time - you've got 10 days to go and I know you can do it!

I am SO happy for you - it's about time good things started rolling.

Erin said...

I'm excited for you!

Barbara O'Brien Photography said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! Doing happy dance for you!